Deploy Office 2003 through Group Policy
1. Create a shared folder in the local system drive and give administrator full access and everyone read only access.
2. Copy all the contents of the Office 2003 setup to a folder there.
3. Using Custom Installation Wizard in Office 2003 resource kit create a file with any name and save in the shared folder created in first step
Once you've installed windows resource kit tools, you can find a menu called the Custom Installation Wizard in start menu. Invoke it, and when prompted, point it to the .MSI for Office Version (PRO11.MSI for Office 2003). An .MST file (Windows Installer transform) will be generated. Save it in the same place as your installation point. This file is an answer file for installation.
4. Create a new Group Policy object, and Assign/Publish a new Software Package (Assign it to the computer configuration). Point the GPO to the .MSI of Office version PRO11.msi for the Office 2003. In Modifications tab browse for the MST file created in the previous step.
5. Disable the User Configuration settings in the GPO, as they won't be used (Installing software per computer here).
6. Reboot one of the system which falls in the scope of above given GPO and see how it actually works.
7. In case if your client consist of Windows XP Pro you will have make sure that the following setting is enabled,
Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Logon\ Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest