1. What is true of using a backup method that uses a weekly normal and daily incremental?
A. It requires less time for restoration
B. It requires more time for restoration
C. It increases the daily backup time
D. It minimizes the daily backup time
2. How can you install Recovery Console on a hard drive with Windows 2003?
A. Use the winnt32.exe command with the /cmdcons switch
B. Use the winnt32.exe command by itself
C. Use the winnt.exe command with the /cmdcons switch
D. Use the winnt32.exe command by itself
3. What is an incremental backup?
A. It is generally done just once a month.
B. It is a backup in which only files that have increased in size are backed up.
C. It is a normal backup.
D. It is not used as a daily backup method.
4. When using a normal and differential backup method, how many tapes will be required to restore the server?
A. 1 tapes
B. 2 tapes
C. 3 tapes
D. 4 tapes
E. 8 tapes
5. After noting the properties of the installed device driver, which of the following steps should you take when updating device drivers on a Windows Server 2003?
A. Note the properties of the updated driver, and install the new driver.
B. Test the new driver on a non-critical machine, note the properties of the updated driver, and install the new driver.
C. Simply install the new driver.
D. Install the new driver and rollback if necessary.
6. If a user tells you that they aren't able to log on their computer after installing a hardware device and it gave them the STOP message, what course of action would require the least effort?
A. Restarting by using safe mode
B. Performing a brand-new install of the operating system
C. Restarting with the last known good configuration
D. Restarting with the Windows 2003 CD-ROM and using Recovery Console
7. Which of the following scenarios is correct for using Last Known Good with System Restore if your 2003 server won't boot?
A. Just use Last Known Good; it won't work with System Restore.
B. Just use System Restore; it won't work with Last Known Good.
C. First, use the Last Known Good method to get the computer to boot and then use System Restore to get the previous state that you want.
D. Use System Restore and then use Last Known Good to get the state you want.
8. Which of the following statements are true regarding how System Restore works with drivers?
A. If unsigned drivers cause problems, you can revert to the restore point before the bad driver was installed.
B. If signed drivers cause problems, you can revert to the restore point before the bad driver was installed.
C. If signed drivers cause problems, there isn't a restore point created specifically before the bad signed driver was installed.
D. If unsigned drivers cause problems, there isn't a restore point created specifically before the bad signed driver was installed.
9. You attempt to restore a RAID 5 array on your 2003 Server box. However, when you attempt to run ASR, you get the following error message: Logical Disk Manager ASR Utility Error. The Logical Disk Manager encountered the following error while restoring the dynamic disk configuration on this system: Failed to commit the disk group creation transaction. Additional information: -25- . What is the cause of this error message?
A. ASR cannot be used with RAID arrays
B. One of the disks in the array is missing or corrupted
C. ASR cannot be used with RAID-5 arrays
D. The disk needs to be defragmented first before using ASR
10. What is the correct path to set up a restore point in Windows Server 2003?
A. Start | Programs | System Tools | Accessories | System Restore
B. Start | Programs | Accessories | Communication Tools | System Restore
C. Start | Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Disk Cleanup
D. Start | Programs | Accessories | Tools | System Restore
E. Start | Programs | Accessories | System Tools | System Restore
11. Which of the following executables starts the Volume Shadow Copy service?
12. How can you access shadow copies in 2003 Server?
A. In Device Manager, right-click Shares, point to All Tasks, and then click Configure Shadow Copies.
B. With the Copies tab of the Local Disk Properties dialog box.
C. In Computer Management, right-click Shares, point to All Tasks, and then click Configure Shadow Copies.
D. With the Shadow Copies tab of the Local Disk Properties dialog box.
13. When used with the NTBACKUP command, the /l switch can indicate what log file types?
14. Which of the following NTBACKUP switches restricts access to a tape for the owner or members of the Administrators group?
A. The /I switch
B. The /v switch
C. The /r switch
D. The /m switch
E. The /e switch
15. Which of the following NTBACKUP switches verifies the data after the backup is complete?
A. The /a switch
B. The /r switch
C. The /v switch
D. The /m switch
E. The /t switch
16. When used with the NTBACKUP command, what does the /um switch do?
A. Locates the first available tape drive
B. Locates the first available hard drive
C. Formats the first available media
D. Uses the first available media for the current backup operation
E. Locates the first available media
ThanksMANU PHILIP Microsoft MVP(Exchange Server)| MCITP | MCTS | MCSA
| ITIL V3 |
TechNet Forums Profile: ManU